The Oshkosh Area Humane Society is offering at no cost, feral, semi feral cats, or specific domestic cats to qualifying barn homes. All cats will be spayed or neutered and up to date on all vaccines.
Types of Cats Qualifying for Barn Cat Program
• Friendly cats who have litter-box issues, thus making them unsuitable for house life
• Friendly cats who are too independent and /or high energy which makes their house behavior unsuitable
• Feral or semi-feral cats who are too shy and fearful of people and who much prefer the company of other cats and animals
• Feral cats who must be relocated due to the unsafe nature of their original areas
What We Provide
• All cats have been spayed/neutered
What You Provide
When adopting cats in our Barn Cat Program, you agree to provide the following:
• A commitment to providing your new barn cat with a forever home
• Adoption of two barn cats whenever possible
• Adequate, safe, and warm shelter in a barn, stable, garage, or warehouse or other building
• Daily food and water
• Veterinary care as needed
• A secure place to keep them for the first four weeks while they acclimate to your barn and environment. There is a 90% "stay rate" at 4 weeks. Less than four weeks lowers the "stay rate" to 80%. OAHS will loan you a cage to make this transition easy for you and the cat. We also offer guidance, advice and the information you need to make your adoption of a Barn Cat successful.