Thank you for considering adoption for your next companion animal! When you adopt a pet, you save a life. Our goal is to find "forever" homes for our animals. Our trained staff wants to help you choose an animal to match your family and lifestyle so everyone is happy!
Questions? Call 920.424.2128
Note: OAHS asks potential adopters to please meet the pet they are interested in adopting before they fill out an adoption application. We currently can not take applications online.
Because adding a pet to your family is a big responsibility, we ask all adopters be willing to do the following:
- Talk to an adoptions counselor about what characteristics you're looking for in a companion.
- Spend quality time visiting with the pet you are thinking about adopting. All members of the household will be asked to visit with the animal prior to adoption.
- If you have animals in your home and apply for an animal of the same species, a meet-and-greet may be scheduled to assist with a comfortable transition for all animals (dogs and rabbits, specifically)
- Animals in the home of the same species must be spayed or neutered.*
- Complete a simple one-page application form. It can take 1-2 business days to process the application. Applicants will be notified immediately if any problems arise with the application.
- Meet with an adoption specialist the day you bring your new companion home to review paperwork and sign adoption papers.
Note: Adoptions are not first-come-first-serve but rather based on matchmaking. Same-day adoptions are typically not possible but if you are located such a distance outside of Oshkosh that makes more than one visit difficult please call 920.424.2128 for options.
*Any existing animals in the household of the same species should be spayed or neutered prior to bringing the new animal home due to hormone-induced behavior issues that may occur (exceptions for medical reasons may apply). Need to get your animal "fixed?" Ask about our low-cost spay/neuter transport program or click here for more information.